• Search
  • Learning. . .It's what we do. It's why we're here!

Health Office
Health Services
Health Newsletter:
St. Mary's Food Bank partners with us to bring food resources to our families. They also share a fun, health conscious newsletter...click below to enjoy:
Click to Download

NOV/DEC English Newsletter Click to Download

NOV/DEC Spanish Newsletter Click to Download

OCT/NOV English Newsletter Click to Download

OCT/NOV Spanish Newsletter

Family Health Resources:
Sevilla Primary's is committed to the whole family. Click below for more resources to support the health and well-being of your child:

From well-child exams to treatment of minor injuries and illnesses to management of chronic conditions, the experienced team at Banner Children's is here to provide comprehensive, family-centered medical care for your child.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Sevilla Primary's health office cares for our students while at school so they may focus on their work. Supporting families is part of this process. We have listed below a few of the most common questions parents have:

1. What immunizations are required for my child to be in school?
Arizona Revised Statue 15-803 requires the parent, guardian, or person en loco parentis of a child to provide the school with an immunization history at the time of enrollment. This history includes the month, day, and year for each vaccination. By law, parents must show proof of current immunizations, and children will not be permitted to attend classes until the immunization history has been provided. Our health office will work with you if you are unsure of what exact immunizations are required. Please contact us at 602-242-0281, ask for the Health Office.

2. What if my child needs medication at school?
We can help with this. A physician must authorize all prescription medication to be administered at school. Medication must be in the original container. The container must be clearly labeled. Medication must be brought to the school by the parent or other parent-designated adult. Along with a physician's written order, there must be parental written permission for each prescription medication. Students are not allowed to carry medication to administer to themselves, except for an asthma inhaler or an Epi pen as directed to do so by a physician. Teachers are not permitted to hold or administer medication to students at school.

3. What happens if my child gets lice?
The Alhambra district has a “NO NIT” policy. As per that policy, children diagnosed with head lice or nits (eggs) may not attend school or ride the school bus until they have been cleared through the Health Services Office. The best strategy for controlling lice is to use shampoos designed for treatment of lice combined with diligent nit removal. Shampoo is available from the health assistant. Be sure to follow the directions on the label. Nit removal is important, as some of the eggs will survive the shampoo treatments. It is also important to shampoo all affected family members at the same time. Be sure to shampoo everyone again 7-10 days after the first treatment. Generally, if the proper treatment is followed, students should miss no more than 3-5 days of school due to lice.

4. What do I do if my child has a contagious illness?
Students sent home with a possible contagious disease, e.g. Pink Eye, Impetigo, Ringworm, etc. must be on medication for 24 hours, and on return to school, they must have a note from their doctor stating the non-contagious status of the student. Students sent home by the Health office with a fever MUST be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school. Remember to call the attendance line if your child has a contagious illness that will prevent them from attending school.

5. How do I pick up my child if they become ill at school?
Persons picking up sick children during the school day must sign them out with the nurse. Persons picking up children during the school day must be on the student emergency card as a designated pick up person. A picture ID is required to sign students out.

6. What can I do if my child loses personal items at school?
Lost items are kept in the Health Office. Students/parents should check for lost items before or after school. Items not claimed by the end of each month will be placed in the Sevilla Primary Community Chest. The Community Chest allows parents/students to claim any unclaimed item during the first week of each month. After the Community Chest Week, all unclaimed items will be donated to a charitable organization.

7. What happens if my child comes to school out of uniform?
Students with uniform violations are sent to the nurse to change. The nurse keeps their clothing on file until the borrowed uniform is returned. Families needing uniform assistance should contact the school office.